Dental Implants in Lake Orion, MI
Millions of Americans lose teeth every year. Bridges and dentures have been the only options for replacing missing teeth for a long time. However, with advances in dental technology, dental implants have become a more effective option for many people available.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal posts screwed into the jawbone to serve as new tooth roots for prosthetic teeth. After application, they look, work, and feel like natural teeth. While bridgework or dentures may slip, make noise, or damage your jawbone, implants fuse with your jawbone, eliminating these issues. Implants are an ideal treatment option for adult patients with good oral health.
When Do You Need a Dental Implant?
Having your missing tooth replaced as soon as possible is crucial because the issues that arise from not replacing it can escalate quickly. In addition to the challenges with chewing or speaking that can arise from missing teeth, Jawbones deteriorate over time if a tooth is extracted or never replaced. If you’re missing teeth and don’t want or can’t tolerate dentures, bridges, or crowns, dental implants may be your go-to option.
Types of Dental Implants
There are several types of dental implants available, such as:
- Single Tooth Implants: Adults with a single missing tooth may find this the most viable option. A tiny titanium screw is inserted into your jaw to replace the missing tooth’s root. This usually requires a minor operation. After that, a crown is attached, resulting in a natural-looking and functional tooth.
- All-on-4 Dental Implants: In situations where most or even all of a person’s teeth need to be replaced, All-on-4 dental implants are a type of dental implant procedure used to replace a full arch of missing teeth using just four strategically placed dental implants. This technique involves the placement of two implants at the front of the jaw and two implants at the back, angled in a way that allows maximum stability and support. All-on-4 dental implants are a popular alternative to traditional dentures or full-arch dental implants, as they offer a more comfortable, natural-looking, and secure solution for patients with significant tooth loss.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: Implant-supported bridges become an ideal option when your tooth is missing, there is insufficient jawbone to hold an implant, or there is a nerve just close to where the tooth should be.
An implant-supported bridge is composed of three components:
- A dental implant inserted into the jaw
- An abutment linking the implant and a crown
- Crown, which connects to the abutment’s higher end.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Dr. John, DDS, can assist with dental implant services. They have numerous advantages, including the following:
- Improving Your Appearance: Dental implants appear like, if not better than, your natural teeth. They are also permanent as they are crafted to fuse with the bone.
- Improving Your Speech: Dental implants enable you to talk without impediment or fear of your teeth slipping out, as with other dentures. They can help you regain your smile and feel encouraged to smile and talk in public.
Increasing Comfort: Implants help minimize the discomfort associated with removable dentures as they become a part of you. Chewing can be difficult with sliding dentures. Dental implants function like natural teeth, enabling you to chew your favorite dishes confidently and painlessly.
- Improving Your Oral Health: Since adjacent teeth are left intact to support the dental implant, more natural teeth are preserved, resulting in prolonged oral health. Individual implants also make cleaning between teeth easier, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are long-lasting and will last many years. Many implants can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
- Convenience: Implants save you the embarrassment of removing dentures and the need for messy adhesives to hold dentures.
Tooth Implant Options at Seven Oaks Oral Surgery
Dental implants can help you regain the long-term ability to eat, talk, and laugh. At Seven Oaks Oral Surgery, we strive to make the dental implant process as simple as possible in Lake Orion, MI, and the surrounding areas. Our professionals have successfully placed thousands of quality dental implants using the latest tech for convenience. Contact us today to get started.